Apply by May 4th to email@example.com
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Time Commitment: 20 hours/week
Compensation: Starting at $11.00/hour
Monday through Thursday – 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The Armory Youth Project (AYP) part-time Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative, secretarial and clerical support for the efficient and effective operation of AYP programs and, to a lesser degree, special events. The Administrative Assistant will have a high degree of responsibility in the supervision, direction and training of other part-time staff, interns and volunteers to ensure that a welcoming atmosphere of acceptance and support exists for youth and visitors to the AYP. This staff person will be responsible for utilization of software to record, organize and utilize data, at times confidential, and prepare documents to advance the Mission of the AYP. In the absence of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will be the responsible party within the facility. While a primarily routine work schedule will be established, some flexibility may be needed.
- Ensure AYP entrance is continually staffed in order to greet visitors warmly and check in youth and volunteers according to established procedures.
- Type, email, fax, copy, file, scan, answer and make phone calls, and take accurate messages.
- Prioritize tasks and complete work in order to meet deadlines.
- Organize and plan task sequence based on objectives set by oneself or others.
- Anticipate what could go wrong or is needed in the course of AYP operations and bring ideas, concerns to the ED.
- Seek to solve problems and/or bring solutions to the ED.
- Based on patience and compassion, train, direct and coach assigned supervisees and volunteers to maximize their potential and assignment effectiveness.
- Demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail and reliability.
- Assist in producing written documents, such as reports, policies, procedures, training materials, promotional flyers, etc.
- Participate appropriately as a team leader and team member, orienting, training and assigning tasks to volunteers and interns.
- Update, maintain, utilize and retrieve information from databases, such as mailing lists, contact lists, student registration, volunteer assignments, etc.
- Establish office hard copy filing systems and ensure continued organization.
- Assist in processing volunteer applications and background checks.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Screen and route daily mail.
- If assigned, monitor AYP incoming email and social media sites to ensure prompt responses and updates.
- Assist with event planning and implementation.
- Manage building use/rental requests and room assignments.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained.
- Ensure sufficient office supplies are available, order as needed.
- Maintain petty cash funds.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Actively participate in discussion of work performance.
- Complete any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Has knowledge of Jesus Christ and seeks to advance a personal relationship with Him. OR, is committed to supporting the Mission of the AYP.
- Has competence in office management, computer software and social media site use.
- Successfully completes criminal background and drug screening.
- Has supervisory experience and skills in order to train, assist and direct other staff and volunteers.
- Has the ability to work independently to complete routine tasks as well as to work as part of a team on other necessary tasks.
- Possesses efficient time management skills and has time availability for some flexibility in work hours related to special events.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven clerical and office management skills.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- 3-5+ years work experience which includes the majority of the Responsibilities above.