The Armory Youth Project part-time Program Coordinator (PC) is responsible for, in conjunction with the executive director, overseeing open hours and developing a slate of programs. It is expected that the Program Coordinator work with the Executive Director throughout the week to brainstorm, research, plan, create, and implement directly, or through supervision of volunteers, Mission-based programming opportunities for youth of middle school and high school age.
Being visible during open hours is critical. It is expected that the Program Coordinator is the person in charge and one of the first people kids see upon entering the facility. It will be the responsibility of the Executive Director to advertise and market the planned programs and events.
It is expected that the PC is relational, friendly, fair and honest is all of their interactions making others feel welcome and accepted. The rules and expectations of the Armory Youth Project will be upheld by the PC and those in his/her watch. While a primarily routine work schedule will be established, support for certain events and programs may require additional evening or weekend hours.
The PC will represent the AYP to program participants, visitors and donors and therefore will maintain a positive and professional demeanor in all circumstances.
- Enjoys interacting and engaging with middle school/high school age students
- Exhibits organizational skills
- Exhibits excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of interacting with adults in a supervisory role
- Collaborate with Executive Director to create and implement weekly programming
- Oversee (share/alternate with ED) open hours – students & volunteers
- De-escalate any unsportsmanlike & inappropriate behaviors exhibited by students
- Set up/Clean up with volunteers, for programs and special events
- Has knowledge of Jesus Christ and seeks to advance a personal relationship with Him, and is committed to supporting the mission of the AYP
- Successfully completes criminal background and drug screening
- Has the ability to work independently to complete routine tasks as well as work as part of a team on other necessary tasks
- Possesses efficient time management skills and has time available for some flexibility in work hours related to special events
Must be able to communicate using written, verbal and computer methods. Must be able to walk, sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Must have the ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and 20 pounds routinely.
Works in a variety of working conditions, inside and outside. Works outside in varying weather conditions. Works in areas with loud noise.
The Program Coordinator is an hourly part-time position offering $15.00 per hour for 20 hours of work per week. Benefits are not included.
Resume and a one page cover letter may be submitted to Armory Youth Project electronically by sending them to email@example.com by March 12, 2018. Mailed application materials may be sent to:
Armory Youth Project, Attn: Personnel Committee
555 First Street
Manistee, MI 49660